The following pages offer detailed information about various birth control methods including hormonal, barrier, and other methods that can be used to prevent pregnancy.
Before you choose a birth control method, there are a number of questions you should think about:
- How easy is it to use this method?
- Does the method also offer any STI protection?
- Can I afford the method?
- Can I get the method easily?
- Am I comfortable using this method?
- Is this method private enough for me to use?
The easier it is for you to use a method comfortably, the more effectively the method will be used which means there is less chance of an unintended pregnancy.
The pages on pregnancy give an overview on pregnancy, testing, pregnancy options in Canada and resources for decision making and support if you need it.