If you are pregnant and you are not ready to continue the pregnancy, abortion is an option to consider. Many people have strong feelings and personal biases about abortion and consequently there is a lot of misinformation about it. It is most important that any information you receive about abortion is non-biased and factual. If you want more information or pro-choice support call Pregnancy Options Service at 1-888-875-3163
Here in British Columbia:
- You can have an abortion at any age, provided the physician determines that you understand the risks and benefits of this decision.
- Most or all of the cost of an abortion is covered by the Medical Services Plan in BC. Medication costs will be extra.
- Abortion services are completely private and confidential.
- You can access medical or surgical abortion options and procedures without a referral
- Vancouver Island Women’s Clinic has further information.
- You can contact the CARE program at 604-875-2022 or Toll Free 1-888-300-3088 ext. 2022
- CARE Program
Outside of BC
- NAF provides comprehensive listings of clinical care for abortions in North America. You can also call 1-800-772-9100.